- Tóm tắt bài giảng:
- Cấu tạo Danh từ
– Đuôi của từ (WORD ENDINGS)
- COMMON NOUN (THING) ENDINGS
- –ism : baptism, criticism, organism, heroism, patriotism, alcoholism,
barbarism, dwarfism, parallelism
- –nce : importance, significance, dependence, arrogance, resistance,
- –ness: bitterness, happiness, darkness, hardness, carelessness
- –ion : excision, damnation, pollution, suggestion, a notion, an action, vexation, concoction, completion, suspicion, decision.
- –ment : abridgement, accomplishment, banishment, commencement,
embodiment, enhancement, excitement, fragment, garment, ornament, treatment
- –(i)ty : purity, authority, dubiety, majority, superiority, humidity, cruelty,
faculty, honesty, plenty, safety, subtlety
- –age : baggage, carriage, cartage, damage, dotage, hermitage, homage language, luggage, marriage, passage, tillage, tonnage, vicarage,
- –ship : citizenship, headship, professorship, chairmanship,
fellowship, scholarship, companionship, friendship, hardship, relationship, craftsmanship, entrepreneurship, horsemanship, membership, courtship
- –th : bath, birth, death, oath, growth, stealth, filth, health, length, strength,
truth, depth, breadth, wealth.
- –dom : freedom, kingdom, officialdom, wisdom
- –hood : childhood, falsehood, sisterhood, brotherhood,
neighborhood, likelihood, livelihood
- –ure : closure, picture, scripture, legislature, nature, failure, pleasure.
- –cy : bankruptcy, captaincy, democracy, privacy, delicacy, advocacy,
confederacy, accuracy, obstinacy, piracy, , aristocracy, expectancy, efficiency, presidency, sufficiency, deficiency
- –(t)ry : rivalry, ancestry, carpentry, industry, greenery, machinery, scenery,
bakery, brewery, bravery, slavery, archery
- –logy : archaeology, geology, sociology, theology, zoology 16. –graphy : bibliography, biography
- COMMON NOUN (PERSON) ENDINGS
- – or : actor, creator, doctor, monitor, sculptor, successor, guarantor,
conqueror, donor, governor, solicitor, tailor, visitor. bachelor
- – er : teacher, interviewer, hatter, geographer, astrologer, cottager, foreigner, Londoner, writer, New Yorker, northerner, villager, airliner, old-timer, sorcerer
- – ee : employee, payee, devotee, escapee, conferee, absentee, refugee.
- – ist : chemist, dramatist, economist, geologist; dentist, pianist, tobacconist; Buddhist, Darwinist, idealist, Marxist, racist, optimist, pessimist
- – ician : magician, physician, musician, electrician, beautician,
politician, statistician, mathematician, mortician,
- – ant (10%) : assistant, accountant, consultant, contestant, inhabitant
- Tài liệu đọc thêm:
- b) V + -ment/-ance/-ence/-age/-ery/-ing/-al —> N
- c) V + -er/-or/-ar/-ant/-ent/-ee/ —> N
- d) N + -ist/-an/-ian/-ess —> N
III. Bài về nhà
- A shoe of leather is a………
- leather shoe b. shoe leather c. shoed leather d. skinned leather
- ………….. I bought is in the fridge.
|a. fish b. the fish 3. 3. …………… shoes are always of various types.||c. a fish||d. fishes|
|a. Woman’ b. Womans’ . c. Women’s||d. Womens’|
- Glasses for holding beer are……..
- glass-beer beerglasses
- glasses of beer d. beer’s glasses
- A horse which runs races is called a…………..
- horse race race-horse c. racing horse d. races-horse
- A table used for writing is called…………..
- table-writing a writing table c. a written table
- They are …………
- woman-professors womans-professors
- women professors d. womens’ professors
- We have got a lot of………..
- book of exercise exercises-books
- exercise’s book’s d. exercise-books
- They’d like to spend the week-end at ………
|a. their aunt’s||b. their aunt|
|c. their aunt’s house 10. The…………. is long.||d. their aunt house|
|a. knife’s handles||b. knife’ handle|
|c. knife handle||d. handle of the knife|
- ………….. birthdays are the same day.
- mothers’ mother’s
- mothers’s d. mother
- That man has two………..
- brother-in-law brothers-in-law
- brother-ins-law d. brother-in-laws
- The………. toys are cheap.
- child’s children’s c. childrens’ d. childrens
- Next month we have two ………..holiday.
- week weeks c. weeks’ d. week’s
- We must follow…….
- the will of the dead the dead of will
- the dead’s will d. the dead will
- A meeting held during the night is a………..
- meeting night nightly meeting
- night-meeting d. nighty meeting
- It has belonged to our family. It’s the……….
- families families’ c. family’s d. familys’
- …………..for instance, might find it hard to laugh at a Russian joke.
- The French A French
- A man in France d. If you were French
- As he hated…….., he decided to desert.
- the life of army life in the army
- life of the army d. the army for life
- The latest exhibitions, films or plays are only…………
- by bus a short distance away a short distance by bus away
- a short distance away by bus d. the distance of a short bus away